MVLE COVID-19 Update- March 15, 2020
The health and wellbeing of our program participants and staff is our highest priority. At this time, to continue to ensure our program participants wellbeing, we will be closing all MVLE Employment and Day Support Programs from Monday, March 16th – Friday, March 20th.
As this is a rapidly evolving crisis, and situations and guidance continues to change, MVLE Senior Leadership will continue to plan for our programs as we all learn and better understand how we can help slow the spread of COVID-19 to support our communities.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact your supervisor or MVLE office at 703-569-3900. For now, the best way to protect yourself is…
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Get your annual flu shot if you haven’t already. You don’t want to be vulnerable to getting sick with both flu and COVID-19.
- Find a nearby location to get your flu shot on the CDC Flu-Finder website.
- Avoid contact with sick people as much as possible.
- Follow the CDC travel policy.
For the most reliable and current information, please visit our county Coronavirus page, along with CDC.gov