Date(s) - 02/17/2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
SPOTLIGHT: An Inclusive Performance Lab with BodyWise Dance
Learn from professional performers in this fun and dynamic ten-week series. Develop movement skills, rhythm, vocal strength, and leadership. The series will wrap up with a short performance for family and friends. Designed for people age 16 and up. No prior experience is necessary, beginners and experienced artists are welcome. Please wear comfortable clothing and bring water and a snack.
Time: Sundays 1 – 4 pm.
December 2, 9 and 16
January 6, 13, 20 and 27
February 3, 10, and 17
Location: MVLE, 7420 Fullerton Road, Suite 110, Springfield, VA
Cost: $75 (Scholarships are available)
Registration information: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/tracers
For assistance and questions with registration call 703-324-5532. Registration open on 11/13/2018.
Participants should be able to:
- Stay with assigned group/no wandering or leaving
- Be able to interact safely with peers
- Follow directions with moderate prompts
- Participate as fully as possible
- Be willing to try a variety of activities
- Be responsible for own personal care (or come with an aide)
For information about SPOTLIGHT, contact Margot Greenlee at 202.253.7946
For more Therapeutic Recreation Services programs call 703.324.5532